Professional Lines Senior Underwriter – French Market
Banda salarial €70,000 - €80,000 per annum
Consultor/a Pablo Gómez
Fecha de publicación 9 de junio de 2022barcelona banking-financial-services/insurance 2022-06-09 2022-08-08 insurance Barcelona Barcelona Barcelona ES EUR 70000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.es https://www.robertwalters.es/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
We are seeking a Senior Underwriter, Professional Lines Insurance with a focus on the French Market to join our new European underwriting hub in Barcelona, Spain. This position could either be based in our Barcelona Office or in our European Head Office in Luxembourg.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Senior Underwriter, Professional Lines Insurance, will be contributing significantly to the growth and development of a book of profitable and diversified Professional Lines insurance business. He/she will also assist the Professional Lines Insurance Underwriting Manager in training and supervising Professional Lines underwriters from a technical point of view.
• Contribution to growth and profitability (bottom line) of Sompo International’s portfolio by sourcing submissions, underwriting, pricing, marketing and managing Professional Lines Insurance business and territories with the goals of maximizing the expected profitability and risk-adjusted return on capital
• Manage existing relationships with clients and brokers while also developing new business opportunities within the assigned European markets. Contribute to build a well-diversified and balanced book in terms of risk profile and segmentation
• Actively participate in the development of underwriting strategies
• Analyse underwriting information and ensure appropriate terms and conditions are secured
• Perform contract negotiation, attending and travelling to client meetings, presentations to customers and conducting underwriting reviews
• Proactively promote the Sompo brand and increase its recognition in Europe
• Cross sell other Sompo International Specialty Lines products, in particular identifying insurance needs that evolve out of an insured transaction,
• Develop launch and maintain local language product versions for assigned European markets, watch local market and products developments.
Desired Professional Experience:
• A recognised qualification in law, economics and/or finance.
• 5-10 years in the insurance industry, of which at least 5 years in Professional Lines Insurance underwriting
• Experience in building and growing a profitable Professional Lines Insurance book in the European markets
• Proven disciplined approach to underwriting
• In-depth knowledge of the European Professional Lines Insurance markets, regulation and products
• In depth product knowledge and past underwriting experience in at least two of the Professional Lines sub classes :
• Managment Liability (D&O, Commercial Crime, EPL, PTL/Fiduciary, POSI),
• Financial Institutions (FI D&O, FIPI, BBB),
• Professional Indemnity (Regulated and not regulated professions)
• Excellent networking skills and relationships with clients and brokers in Europe
• Experience with a start-up company or the development of new business and/or new products within an established company is a plus
• Analytical, energetic, creative, meticulous, driven, determined self-starter, smart, hardworking, resilient, ambitious, good team player
• Strong presentation and negotiation skills
• Flexibility and willingness to travel and offer top service quality
• English, plus other European languages at working level
Ofertas de empleo recomendadas
Banda salarial: €70,000 - €80,000 per annumUbicación: BarcelonaFecha de publicación: 9 de junio de 2022We are seeking an Underwriter, Professional Lines Insurance with a focus on the BENELUX market to join our new European underwriting hub in Barcelona, Spain.