Quality & Technical Manager
Consultant David Hernández Odonell
Date posted 30 de julio de 20192019-07-30 2019-09-28 engineering Madrid Madrid ES EUR 100000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.es https://www.robertwalters.es/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Excellent professional opportunity as a Quality & Technical Manager for an important mining and metallurgic operations company at the European Headquarters (Madrid), focused on material recovery.
About the position:
Reporting to Europe Managing Director and the Corporate Director of Operations, you would be accountable for the final quality delivered to customer from products processed from MENA and for the full implementation of operational quality procedures in each MENA location and storage yards in Europe.
- Supervise and secure the implementation of operational and quality policies in operation locations in MENA to ensure compliance with specifications from the sourcing of material to final delivery.
- Evaluate, identify and Implement solutions for quality and material handling problems, including but not limited to dust emissions, environmental handling rules in the generators and customers countries, screening and homogeneous blending, among others; supporting the initiatives and guidelines of the Corporate Director of Operations.
- Audit our MENA operating locations periodically, supervising, training and correcting quality control processes with the support from the Operations personnel in Europe and guidance from the Corporate Head office.
- Audit blending storage yards in Europe, implementing quality procedures in each one to support the Operations Corporate office.
- Oversee the environmental and quality permits required in Europe, Asia and MENA, covering but not limited to REACH and dust emissions.
- Coordinate with the commercial team to establish and maintain good relationships with our client´s technical executives in order to learn and understand their respective quality control processes and operations and apply that knowledge to improve our value offered through products and services.
- Anticipate resources needed based on the grow of our operations to fulfil the quality requirements and operations efficiencies.
- Implement our Sinter and Blast Furnace Value in Use model for our blends with potential and current customers looking to develop new businesses opportunities.
College degree in Materials and Engineering, or similar. English required, Spanish desired.
Results-driven; focus on client, with great attention to detail and ability to teamwork.
More than 10 year's experience in handling and processing materials in mining and steel industries. Experience in preparation of materials for Sinter and/or Blast Furnace operations is desired.
Availability to travel 50% of the time
If you are searching for a new professional challenge in a multinational company with a very competitive salary, please apply or send you CV to David.Hernandez@robertwalters.com.