Plant Controller - US GAAP
Consultant Sandra Alba
Date posted 8 de marzo de 2019 2019-03-082019-05-04 health-and-safety Gerona Gerona Gerona ES 17001 EUR 50000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.es
An international company based in Gerona is looking for a senior Plant Controller with experience in US GAAP.
About the role:
The Plant Controller is responsible for managing the sites financial administration, business partnering the plants’ management team and close collaboration with the European Finance Team.
The role takes a lead position in controlling cost, driving transparency and the monthly forecasting cycle. Next to the monthly financial closing / reporting cycle, the Plant Controller works closely with a variety of stakeholders on differing subjects.
The focus will be on continuous improvement of the (financial) operations, analyses of business drivers and building a strong link between Finance and the plant’s management team.
The Plant Controller is responsible for the site’s financial administration and will jointly drive improvement projects.
The main responsibilities are:
- Foster/Develop cost controlling knowledge base within the Plant
- Month-end closing activities, such as: account reconciliation, journal entry preparation and management reporting
- Highlight financial risks/opportunities to the Plant Leadership team the SC Finance Manager and the Divisional Finance Leader
- Completion and delivery of divisional forecasts, budgets and cost reviews
- Act as Business Advisor and Controller of Total Delivered Costs (Standards, Variances, Logistics, Ops Admin) in relation of the Plant’s production
- Involved in pricing discussions, and discussions around commodity costs and FX movements.
- Challenge/ Understand/ Communicate standard cost movements
- Ensure financial procedures are being followed consistently. Recommend and support implementation of process improvements
Qualifications and Skills:
- University Degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in US GAAP and other Accounting background
- Experience as plant controller, logistics controller, or cost accounting experience within a multinational manufacturing organization would be beneficial
- Good communicator with strong presentational skills
- Open and energizing team player and leader
- Pro-active, dynamic and business-oriented approach and mind-set
If you match the requirements and are looking for a new challenge, don't hesitate to apply now!