Senior Business Controller - French speaker
Consultant Adrian Sanchez
Date posted 20 de junio de 20192019-06-20 2019-08-19 retail Barcelona Barcelona ES EUR 35000 40000 40000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.es https://www.robertwalters.es/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
I am seeking a Business Controller & Internal Auditor with fluid French and with 4 to 5 years minimum of experience in a Controlling and/or Auditing department of an international company.
The Business Controller will report to the Senior International Controller,
Will be responsible for the Controlling & Reporting of a set of Business units assigned to him/her.
Will be responsible for the full month-end process of the entities assigned to him/her and will work closely with the central accounting team in France.
He/she will prepare the monthly reporting including commentary on the monthly activity.
In addition, analysis of the Business information will be necessary as well as providing explanations to the gaps that could occur.
He/she will work closely with the IT department to ensure the consistency between the operations and the financial records.
During the Forecasting and Budgeting periods, the Business Controller will support the Managing Director of each branch under his/her supervision, in liaison with the Senior International Controller, in the preparation of the full figures and will be in contact with other actors of the process as well when required.
As part of the Corporate Finance, he/she will also be responsible for periodical Internal Control audit missions in the European branches. As such, international travels will be required.
During the audits, the candidate will propose, in conjunction with the Senior Controller / Group management, corrective actions relating to internal control over financial reporting and procedures in the event of any deviation from the Group policies.
In addition, the candidate will support the Corporate Lawyer in regards to various topics such as compliance or data protection to ensure the Group policies are respected at all times.
From time to time, the candidate will be called upon to work on cross-functional projects with the Group's Executive Management or within the company with a multidisciplinary team.
- Master Degree in Business Administration / Finance from a top-ranked Business school /university.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a Controlling or Audit department, preferably in an international company.
- SOX controls and IFRS consolidation rules knowledge.
- BPC, Hyperion or Business Object expertise would be an advantage.
- User of M3, SAP or another similar ERP would be an asset.
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Fluency in English and French in strongly required.
- Results oriented; a team player with a positive attitude and able to work in a multicultural environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Rigorous but highly flexible; taste for details while keeping a global vision of results.
- Ability to communicate points to non-financial personnel in a concise and understandable manner.
Place of work: Barcelona (Spain).
If you are looking for a new professional challenge in a multinational company, apply to it or send me your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org