Consultant Sandra Alba
Date posted 4 de octubre de 20192019-10-04 2019-11-03 retail Barcelona ES 08029 EUR 70000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.es https://www.robertwalters.es/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Multinational innovative energy retailer company, is looking for a Financial Controller for its offices in Barcelona.
About the position:
As a Financial Controller, you’ll be working closely with the Managing Director to ensure that the commercial strategy is implemented appropriately.
The role will require you to develop and create financial models, financial reports and set up the appropriate and necessary financial processes and procedures for an early stage business. You will be building the right foundations, that will allow the company to scale quickly and efficiently.
You’ll need to be a Finance all-rounder; although you will be expected to build out the Finance Team over time, you’ll need to be hands on from the start.
You will also receive support from the HQ Finance team, who will provide governance and oversight to ensure that the approach you take is consistent with its existing businesses.
- Set up the Finance functions for this fledgling enterprise.
- Run all day-to-day finance activities.
- Ensure compliance with statutory law and financial regulations - including preparation and submission of company tax and financial statements.
- Build and monitor financial forecasts and budgeting requirements.
- Develop the financial strategy, including risk minimization plans and opportunity forecasting.
- Develop high-level financial reporting and analysis - including weekly and monthly reporting against agreed KPIs.
- Implement processes to evaluate costs, debt management and debt collection - that do not stifle or slow down the speed of execution.
- Provide effective commercial challenge to ensure key operational, commercial and financial targets are delivered.
- Build a strong and effective team, and mentor and develop them accordingly.
- Work with the wider finance team to integrate financial reporting and ERP software between international businesses and the rest of the Group.
- Manage financial aspects of key supplier relationships.
- At least 5 years professional experience, including at least 2 years post qualification experience in a start-up environment.
- Ideally previous working experience in the Spanish Energy retail market.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- The ability to work to tight time constraints and short deadline.
- The ability to develop strong working relationships with the rest of the wider team.
- Advanced Spanish and Proficient English level.
If you are looking for a new professional challenge as a Corporate Finance Executive in a company with possibility of professional growth, apply now!