Financial Manager Spain
Consultant Santiago Figueras
Date posted 24 de noviembre de 2016
An important international engineering company needs an experiencied CFO for a new project.
- To lead, develop and motivate the finance team in to enhance the financial capability and overall development of the team and promote a culture of high performance and stability.
- Responsible for the financial integrity of the information reported to the Chairman and to Group Finance.
- Ensure that the business has best in class financial systems and processes, fully aligned to support the operational and strategic development of the business.
- Ensure that financial reporting is to the highest standards and that monthly accounts preparation and reporting are completed in a timely manner.
- Develop and improve financial planning, forecasting and guidance to the business.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the required high level of effective controls required for the continued growth of the organisation.
- Responsible for all areas of tax, treasury and banking in the business.
- Responsible for cash management and operating cash flow.
- Drive profitability through sound commercial decision making and make a strong commercial and operational contribution to the business.
- Work with the various departments to set the financial agenda of the business and play an active role in margin management and margin planning.
- Support the drive for continued best in class operational efficiencies across the business, ensuring there is a relentless focus on operational efficiency and cost control.
- Drive improvement in the business’s ROCE by managing the capital expenditure agenda across the business and through effective management of working capital (through a focus on reducing debtor and stock days and maximising creditor days).
- Engage with major suppliers on contract negotiations and lines of credit.
- Responsible for the annual budget process, which is a key driver for change and renewal in the business each year.
- Compliance & regulatory
- Responsible for all aspects of compliance, including financial, regulatory, commercial and tax.
- Overall responsibility for the annual audit process.
- Overall responsibility for company secretarial, payroll and pension matters.
Skills & Experience
- An experienced Finance Manager, with at least 10 years’ experience post qualification, ideally a qualified accountant with a strong academic background and excellent record of financial and commercial achievement in a competitive and dynamic sector. Understanding of infrastructure businesses such as property and/or energy would be an advantage.
- Experience of best in class finance systems and processes in a high growth international business environment and in working to tight reporting and budgeting schedules.
- Fundamental understanding of the dynamics of cash management, margin management, working capital management and ROCE is essential.
- Ideally experience of the financial aspects of large projects of substantial scale and complexity, including project planning and analysis where such projects would involve supply chain, logistics, manufacture and assembly and where financial control would be critical.
- Strong personal presence with good leadership and excellent interpersonal skills to manage the finance team, and very importantly, with the stature to quickly command the confidence and respect of the management team and to work cohesively with the senior management team across the group.
- Strong commercial acumen and good negotiation skills with the ability to contribute to the overall business strategy and work with other members of the senior management team on their functional commercial issues.
- Passion and commitment with high personal integrity and a practical, pragmatic and hardworking approach and with the flexibility and energy required for the role.