QA/QC Mechanical Engineer
Consultant Jorge Peinado
Date posted 15 de julio de 20192019-07-15 2019-09-13 engineering Madrid ES 28004 EUR 45000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.es https://www.robertwalters.es/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Leading Engineering Company from the energy and maritime industry is looking for a Onsite QA/QC Mechanical Engineer located in Nanjing, China.
Under the Project Director, the main duties will be:
- Quality control of mechanical equipment, piping, accessories and documents on site.
- Responsible for the effective implementation of the Project Quality Management System from the commencement of detailed engineering to project completion and turnover to the final asset holder.
- The Project QA/QC Manager ensures and conducts scheduled audits of project team and subcontractors as well as stewards audit findings to resolution and closure in a timely manner.
- Provides feed back on quality related issues and metrics to the Project Director.
- Provide assistance to the other Project team members for the implementation of the Project QMS by subcontractors and vendors covering management, engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning activities. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the project team.
- Resolve conflicts in interpretation of codes, engineering drawings, project specifications and installation results while protecting company interests.
- Conduct quality assessments of the project execution plan for consistency with the Project quality policies and objectives.
- Review procurement technical specifications and provide quality inputs into the specifications.
- Prepare project quality documents and technical procedures, such as Project QA/QC Plan, Inspection & Test Plans, Welding Book, etc. Monitor the site quality program implementation.
- Assist field personnel.
- Liaison with Client’s Representatives.
- Write and work with construction procedures in English.
We require a Onsite QA/QC Inspector with an Engineering degree or a certification from a recognized institute in one of the construction disciplines, i.e. Civil, Mechanical (welding & NDT), Electrical or Instrumentation. Must have minimum 5-10 years experience in the sector of quality in Engineering , EPC, etc. Must be able to lead and work with multi-ethnic staff. English, spoken and written mandatory. Good knowledge of the International codes ( ISO 9001, ASME, B31.3, API 620-650, BS, ASTM. ASNT, AWSD1.1, NDT, CSWIP) and high level of English is required. International geographic availability is required as far as the initial locatin is in China.