PV Projects Estimating Manager
Consultant david atanasio
Date posted 10 de septiembre de 20192019-09-10 2019-11-09 engineering Dubai Dubai AE EUR 50000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.es https://www.robertwalters.es/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Leading Company from the Renewable Energy industry is looking for a PV Projects Estimating Manager. If you are looking for a challenge within the amazing Renewables industry, this is the opportunity for you.
About the role:
Functionally liaising with the Technical team and developing comprehensive, detailed, project capital cost estimates in support of solar photovoltaic energy projects. Estimations will be based upon latest available cost information and data from internal and external sources and will be presented in a suitable format for use by senior management.
As PV Projects Estimating Manager, your main duties will be:
- Provide and update project capital cost estimates, budgets, forecast and cash flows.
- Improve estimation and budget tracking competencies by properly producing accurate estimates.
- Create and maintain unit‐cost database and published cost indices to prepare estimates.
- Enhance intelligence regarding trends in cost of services and commodities anywhere the company operates.
- Proceed to review work breakdown structures and optimize or improve budgets estimates.
- Proactive regarding negotiations with vendors and sub-contractors.
- Able to create cash flows, project schedules and reports for senior management.
The ideal candidate must have an Engineering Degree, also 6 -12 years of experience in the energy business are required. Strong knowledge in estimation, analytical of currently available estimating software and tools is also a must. Microsoft Office and Excel modelling techniques will be necessary as well.
As estimation manager you should be a proactive person and be able to use your own criteria in daily tasks without the need for supervision. Budgets prepared will be carried out with a high degree of accuracy, besides, the candidate will be able to quickly learn the company’s existing estimating/budgeting and scheduling systems.
In addition, you will have to be familiar with a broad variety of issues regarding the Solar energy, including civil and electrical engineering designs and detailed drawings, construction related processes, environmental and cultural studies, taxes, finance and energy sales.
A person fluent in English is a MUST. Other languages such as Spanish, French, Portuguese, German or Arabic will be a plus.
The position of PV Projects Estimating Manager is based in Dubai but you will travel around Europe to the different sites, on a regular basis.
If you are looking for a challenge within the amazing Renewables industry, this is the opportunity for you. Apply now!