Head of Contract Department
Consultant Ivan Figueiras
Date posted 20 de febrero de 2018Paseo de la Castellana 13, 4ª planta 28046, Madrid Robert Walters Spain
A new role as a Head of Contract Department has just become available for an Spanish Construction Company specialized in Infrastructures projects. This role offers outstanding career progression in the sector.
About the role:
The candidate must guarantee a consistent and accurate contract management, ensuring the fulfilment of the main contract signed with the client, and the subcontracts and purchase orders signed with subcontractors and suppliers. This requires a full coordination with all the departments involved in the Project.
Under the Project Director, the main roles will be:
- Oversee organizational contract development and management activities, and enforce organizational principles of integrity and compliance.
- Manage Claims and Commercial Contractual Disputes based upon a general knowledge of law and specialist knowledge of the law of contract.
- Ensure that contracts and proposals are properly entered into organizational databases and securely maintained.
- Develop standards for contracts, including presentation of budget, payment terms, general language and provisions.
- Assure accuracy and appropriateness of contract text and attachments.
- Serve as primary organizational contact during contract negotiations.
- Engage relevant stakeholders in negotiation decisions involving legal or regulatory requirements, contract standards and cost targets.
- Develop and execute negotiation strategies that minimize potential losses and benefit the healthcare organization’s financial performance.
- Maintain deadlines on deliverables and communicate on an ongoing basis with business partners and internal clients about contractual issues. Team Coordination.
- Manage request for extension/variations.
- Manage claims (judicial and arbitration procedures), along with commercial disputes, based upon a general background of law and specialist knowledge of the KSA law and international contracts regulation.
- Review contractual performance of both parties to ensure compliance with terms and to identify conflicts or changes requiring resolution at contract renewal.
Construction related Degree e.g. Civil Engineering/Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management. From 10 to 15 years experience (including international exposure). Experience in FIDIC and NEC3 projects. Experience of infrastructure projects. Extensive knowledge of Claim Management, disputes, variations and Extension of Time claims (knowledge of time impact analysis methodology).
Demonstrated contractual, legal and financial experience related to real estate contracts, projects and developments across the project lifecycle.
Availability to be based in KSA.
Fluent English Required. Spanish is an added value.