Consultant Ivan Figueiras
Date posted 25 de julio de 2018 2018-07-252018-09-23 engineering Paseo de la Castellana 13, 4ª planta 28046, Madrid Robert Walters Spain
Important Engineering company specialized in Oil&Gas, Power sector is looking for an Engineering Manager.
- Ensure that all staff capabilities are matched to the job requirements and verify all staff PDR’s. Approve all temporary and permanent appointments for engineering personnel
- Ensure sub-community skills matrix is updated on a regular basis. Understand contract obligations and ensure that all supervised staff are aware of their obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act and equivalent Oman standards
- Ensure that all staff under supervision are working to the Community Procedures Specifications and Standards and to any project-specific agenda
- Manage the day to day interfacing between assigned projects of the Project Engineers and the disciplines of Process, Piping, Civil / Structural, E&I and Mechanical together with the PMC Construction Team
- Manage all project design and engineering services work being executed in the Offices
- Adopt a stage-gate system to ensure that key engineering, including FEED deliverables are prepared at appropriate time. Continue to reassess the gate deliverables to align with the Industry’s best practices
- Identify areas of concern with respect to progress of assigned project, recommend the corrective actions wherever required and execute when directed by the client
- Lead, conduct and participate in value engineering workshops for optimizing scope and design
- Organize and participate in Hazard and Operability (HAZOP), Safety Integrity Level (SIL), Project Health, Safety and Environment Review (PHSER) and EIA and HSE exercises for the assigned projects during FEED and detailed design to implement the recommendation of such exercises upon client approval
- Manage the control of all engineering systems and hardware. Provide consultancy on engineering systems to other business streams, as be appropriate within MENA
- Participate in key client reviews and meetings as required. Project Management Plan reviews
- Update and prepare department procedures and work practices as appropriate. Conduct annual staff appraisals and recommend salary reviews for the department
- Provide notification of any potential commercial risk or opportunity to the Project Director / Manager for further action
- Develop close working relationships between all assigned engineering group members and the Project Engineers / assigned projects team to provide a consistent approach and effective resolution of issues.
- Encourage the same degree of cooperation within the Contractor organization. Develop a good team spirit within assigned PMC personnel and encourage team working with the Contractor and client.
Minimum B.Sc. Engineering or equivalent, minimum of twenty years' experience and Excellent command of English.
Proven record experience performing equivalent duties, preferably with an EPC Contractor, in Oil & Gas, Refining, Petrochemical or Mining & Metals business areas; Conversant with international codes and standards (ANSI, ASME, API, NFPA, etc); Knowledge of Microstation, PDS and SmartPlan.
Teamwork capabilities, flexibility, problem solving attitude, orientation to results, relational skills, specific technical knowledge; Ready to work in an international environment; PMC Experience.
Holding a valid permit to live and work in Spain is required.