Sales Manager - New Business Mining & Metals
Consultant David Swan
Date posted 8 de agosto de 2018Paseo de la Castellana 13, 4ª planta 28046, Madrid Robert Walters Spain
Important equipment manufacturer is looking for a Sales Manager to develop New Business in Mining & Metals. Based in the headquarters in Madrid, this position offers great career growth.
About the job:
Reporting to disciplinary and functional managers, the sales manager will be part of new business Mining & Metals sales team which is part of industry division, focused on promoting new business sales in the pertinent industries and preparing quotations/contracts. in this function, visiting customers, attending trainings or meetings in other markets may be required by managers.
Products to cover include: hydrodynamic couplings; connecting couplings, cardan shafts and its family; safe-set and its product family;
Industries to cover include: power generation (conventional power plants, combine cycle pp); steel industry; material handling; mining; cement; recycling; others (chemical, fertilizers, paper, sugar, etc).
- Coordinate customer facing activities in the sub region Spain Mining & Metals (MM) – in the context of customer acquisition, clarification of inquires, preparing and tracking of offers and projects including corresponding negotiation – and achieve result agreed for MM in the sub region; consulting and international sales team and setting the framework in terms of order intake and sales activities.
- Planning and organize of business trips inclusive product presentation and technical consulting; preparation of business trip reports including pursuance of the planned actions.
- Build, support and maintain contact and close relationships with key customers in the sub region.
- Permanent observation and analysis of the potential market and competition situation; define & implement a profitable growth strategy for MM in the sub region for existing and potential customers; coordinate sub-regional strategy.
- Actively track and report on the progress of the business plan using agreed KPI’s; implement changes as required to meet or exceed objective.
- Train and control sales representatives in the sub region regarding the Company’s Risk Management Guidelines.
- Responsible for Opportunity to Offer (OTO) and Order to Cash (OTC) activities for Mining and Metals in the sub region Spain in coordination with the Product Management (PM) in Germany.
- Liaise closely with PM for adequate and optimized resource allocations, value addition resources (local footprint) within the sub region; identify and execute opportunities for improvement with the PM organization.
- Give input into regional business development MM for regional innovation & regional product strategy; identify potential M&A candidates.
- Identify opportunities to add more value for products and services in the sub region; coordinate with the regional business development.
- Preliminary check of the commercial terms of the inquiry, general purchasing conditions and frame contract.
- While following your preliminary duties, take care for work safety in compliance with local and internal requirements.
Mechanical Engineer degree from recognized university (degree must be concluded).
Desired 2-5 years working experience in technical sales.
Fluent in English (technical vocabulary preferable).
CAD or other software for Design and Engineering will be a plus. German and Portuguese will be a plus.
Ability to read and understand technical specifications, terms and conditions and scientific journals.
Technical understanding of mechanical equipment and good understanding of equipment selection and operating requirements.
Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build and maintain successful customer relationships, as well as to work independently and be a self-starter. High commitment and strong sense of responsibility.
Availability to travel regularly in Spain and Portugal and occasionally abroad (Germany, Sweden and Western Europe countries are required).
Private car (expenses to be covered by the company).
Send us your CV!