Technical Sales Support Engineer (Oil&Gas)
Consultant David Swan
Date posted 8 de agosto de 2018 2018-08-082018-10-06 engineering Paseo de la Castellana 13, 4ª planta 28046, Madrid Robert Walters Spain
Important equipment manufacturer is looking for a Technical Sales Support Engineer. Based in the headquarters in Madrid, this position offers great potential for career growth.
About the job
The After Sales & Service Engineer will be part of Industry after sales team, focused on providing internal and external (customers) technical support, coordinating both in-house and field service jobs, preparing quotations / contracts, and promoting the company’s products and services in the pertinent Industries. In this function, visiting customers, attending trainings or meetings in other markets may be required by managers.
Products to cover: Variable speed drives (S, RK and RWE Couplings) and Torque Converters; Parallel shaft and planetary (epicyclical) gearboxes and Rotor Turning Gears; Hydrodynamic couplings; Connecting couplings, Cardan shafts and its family; Safe set and its family; Actuators, Servomotors and Digital controls for Steam Turbines.
Industries to cover: Oil & Gas (Refinery, Petrochemical, Gas transport and storage); Power Generation (Conventional power plants, combine cycle PP, Biomass PP, Thermo solar PP, Co-generation plants); Steel Industry; Material Handling; Mining; Others (Chemical, Fertilizers, Paper, Cement, Sugar, etc).
- Become technically qualified to support internally (admin. Colleagues and technicians) as necessary for quotations and service jobs preparation
- Provide technical assistance to new and existing customers on the company’s Industry products
- Prepare and coordinate in-house and field service jobs in terms of schedule, health & safety documentation, gather necessary information (machine conditions, operating data, previous interventions, site conditions, required parts, required tools, etc.), travel arrangements, customers, etc.
- Collaborate in risk analysis of offers, contract or Terms & Conditions negotiation
- Actively follow up offers already presented to customers
- Review technical project specifications (including Retrofits) to determine equipment (and accessories) selection as the basis for price calculations in the Sales dpt.
- Assist in the research and follow-up of potential domestic and international projects
- Promote the Company’s Industry products to new and existing customers
- Participate at trade show exhibits and conferences as required
- Support preparation of Sales plans/forecasts
- Other duties as assigned.
Complete Mechanical Engineer degree from recognized university.
Desired 2-5 years working experience in technical sales of rotating equipment for the Oil & Gas or Power Industry, but any entry level engineer will also be considered.
Fluent in English (technical vocabulary recommended). German and Portuguese will be a plus.
Experience with work health & safety regulations will be a plus.
CAD or other software for Design and Engineering will be a plus.
Ability to read and understand technical specifications, terms and conditions and scientific journals.
Technical understanding of mechanical equipment and good understanding of equipment selection and operating requirements. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build and maintain successful customer relationships.
Ability to work independently and be a self-starter. High commitment and strong sense of responsibility.
Availability to travel regularly in Spain and Portugal and occasionally abroad (Germany and Western Europe countries are required).
If you think you have what it takes don't let go this opportunity and apply for the job!