Head of Estimation Area
Consultant Ivan Figueiras
Date posted 24 de octubre de 2018 2018-10-242018-12-23 engineering Paseo de la Castellana 13, 4ª planta 28046, Madrid
Important Engineering&Construction Company specialized in Oil&Gas projects is looking for a Head of Estimation Area.
Under the Commercial Director, the main roles will be:
- Responsible for the leadership and technical management of the Department.
- Responsible for the technical competence of the estimating engineers and the adequate Staffing.
- Direct the development and implementation of methods, standards and procedures of the Estimating Department.
- Analyze the costs of establishing and maintaining statistical data of works completed to date and develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of changes and trends in world market costs. Compare the actual costs to estimated and investigate the reasons for any deviations.
- Assign estimates for each proposal, contract or other work to be performed by the Department
- Prepare in collaboration with the proposal manager and the various departments involved, the costs to establish the selling price of each project, including selling rates.
- Prepare final estimates for all types of proposals and contracts in a way that allows a clear understanding and analysis during internal review processes.
- Review jointly with the Commercial Director work programs for proposals and contracts, estimate.
- Recommending the number of people needed and the time required for preparation.
- Review and prepare cost estimates for all changes to contracts and issue them to the project director/manager for approval and presentation to the Customer.
- Establish and transmit to the Project Control department detailed project budget and contract changes for each project.
- Ensure the maintenance of an adequate level of staff within the department, both in quality and quantity.
We require an Engineer with experience in the oil and gas, and/or chemical industry, minimum of 15 years in cost estimating and 5 year experience in a supervisory role in a major engineering contractor (preferably of the Oil & Gas sector). Knowledge of all estimating techniques and construction techniques. Preparation and management of proposal estimates for all types of contracts (lump sum services, reimbursable, cost plus fee, EPC LSTK, OBE, etc.) understanding the processes, procedures and documentation required. Technical expertise and estimating experience in the oil and gas / petrochemical /chemical industry.
Highly motivated, well organized, resourceful and proactive. Possess good interpersonal skills with sound written and oral communication skills.
Fluency in English language.