Site Engineer (Saudi Arabia)
Consultant David Hernández Odonell
Date posted 26 de marzo de 20192019-03-27 2019-05-25 engineering Madrid ES EUR 4500 5500 5500 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.es
One of the biggest European insfrastructure and construction company is looking for a Site Engineer to work in the KSA.
- To provide site engineering and technical skills and expertise for the construction process
- To ensure that all relevant technical information is available to the construction team at a zero defect level
- To target and assist in the delivery of engineering excellence in safety at assigned site
- To deliver a product as per Client’s requirements and with a determination to uphold our ‘Zero Defects’ Policy
- To eliminate waste in all forms including labour, materials, plant and staff, especially targeting the prevention of rework and to get it ‘right first time’
- To gain knowledge and experience and earn a reputation for innovative engineering expertise and excellence
- To create a healthy working environment with all construction disciplines to assist in the project delivery on time and within budget.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Advise the commercial team of any technical or engineering changes that could warrant a variation or cost change
- Liaise with supervision, management, surveying, planning, safety, quality and commercial teams and provide them with information as required
- Read and understand construction and other drawings, specifications and other technical information, and advise others of the same
- To raise technical queries where information conflict exists or is missing, and act on responses
- Provide engineering and technical guidance to operatives, supervision and management
- Help create a site culture of best practice regarding safety, house keeping, workmanship and waste management. Adopt and enforce a 'don't walk past' policy so all safety and quality issues are dealt with immediately
- Assist supervisors and managers to allocate correct resource to activities and to review and report on the same
- Understand the construction programme and assist in the drive to comply or improve on the same. Provide all necessary information in a timely manner
- Support the survey team and provide assistance as necessary
- Provide assistance, guidance, support and supervision to less experienced engineers
- Produce or assist in producing Method Statements, Inspection and Test Plans, and Risk Assessments and to ensure compliance of the same.
Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
4 to 6 years of experience. It should be in a similar capacity in a reputable construction Company, preferably with some of that experience being gained in KSA/UAE/GCC
English: Excelent written and spoken skills. Arabic would be an advantage.
Any nationality is acceptable.
If you are interested in this position and think you meet the requirements, apply today!