PV Latam Engineering Director (Mexico based)
Consultant Iván Bezares
Date posted 20 de febrero de 2018Paseo de la Castellana 13, 4ª planta 28046, Madrid Robert Walters Spain
Top PV firm in the renewable energy sector has a need for a well versed renewable energy professional to lead the firm’s engineering activities in Latam geography as an Engineering Director for Latam, based in Mexico.
The position is based in Mexico City and the ideal candidate will be within commutable distance to this location.
Ideal candidate attributes include:
- Engineering degree (BS) is required. Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- MS, PhD, MBA are a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in solar projects consulting, engineering, construction and development.
- Construction experience in solar.
- Design experience preferably in solar. Electrical is a must. Civil and structural are a plus.
- Experience working with permitting offices and inspectors will be highly regarded.
- Proficiency on a PC computer in MS Office (Emphasis on Excel)
- Strong business development capabilities are required.
- History in the market and broad access to the companies’ in the market are required.
- Demonstrated experience in team building and leadership skills are required.
- Flexible and willing to work on multiple projects as needed, and where needed.
- Able to travel around 20% of the time.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- General management of the engineering department/area including all strategic, operational, commercial and administrative aspects.
- Plan and direct all aspects of the engineering activities within the organization. Includes the definition of the department strategic planning, goals and tactics.
- Capturing opportunities on engineering and project management.
- Develops and administers the department budget; approves the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; approves expenditures and implements budgetary adjustments as appropriate and necessary.
- Main representative of the company in engineering and project management activities.
- Develop, direct, coordinate and lead a team.
- Establish staff performance expectations and provide regular feedback from both informal and scheduled reviews.
- Coach, resolve conflict and correct action as necessary to solve performance related issues.
- Cooperate in the definition of staff compensation packages.
- Provide staffing forecasts and participate in all hiring activity.
- Ensure all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives.
- Provide input and lead improvement of internal company procedures and processes.