QHSE Senior Manager
Location Castilla-La ManchaFULL_TIME
Consultant Nuria Navarro
Date posted 6 de febrero de 2019 2019-02-062019-03-29 engineering Ciudad Real ES EUR 40000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.es
Multinational Company, Tier 1 supplier to the wind turbine blade manufacturers, is looking for a QHSE Senior Manager, based in Ciudad Real (Spain). If you are looking for a growth challenge within the fascinating Wind Power industry, and you fit the requirements, this is the opportunity for you!
Multinational Company, Tier 1 supplier to the wind turbine blade manufacturers, is looking for a QHSE Senior Manager.
With direct report to RewAir Group Executive Management and in close collaboration with the Operations Manager, your main duties will be:
- To manage the RewAir Group engineering team based in Spain
- To take ownership over and fully implement the QHSE Policy and the yearly action plan in Spain. Hereunder; to manage QHSE priorities, to ensure regulatory monitoring and compliance, to improve QHSE instructions and guidelines in Spain, and training programs.
- To define and set objectives and targets for your team and support them continuously.
- To ensure that the full organization has the tools and methods/routines (legal, contract, motivation and company conditions) to fulfil internal and external QHSE demands; and to manage the related documentation.
- To take up the role as Group internal auditor, performing audits and ensure that deviations, remarks and observations are attended. Hereunder to encourage experience sharing and learnings, as well as the deployment of sound practices.
- To assess project QHSE impacts (Opportunity & Risk Assessment) before contract signature and ensure that proper mitigation measures are implemented.
- To drive a quality, health & safety and environmental conscious culture throughout the organization, thus supporting, promoting, and materializing a strong QHSE mindset and performance
We require a technical background, and solid QHSE experience (at least 8 years), oriented towards manufacturing and preferably focused on the Wind Power sector. Knowledge of the Spanish Health & Safety and Environmental Law’s (and subsequent regulations) is required as is specific knowhow in relation to PPE’s, ISO 9001, ISO 45001 and ISO 14001. You master both strategic thinking and operational focus.
As QHSE Senior Manager, you must be solution oriented and able to tackle “any” problem. You must be able to develop a realistic global overview of the QHSE stakes and priorities and you must have the ability to anticipate risks and to act and follow-through upon initiative. Proven excellence in leadership is required, as you will have 3 to 5 employees in reference. As QHSE Senior Manager, you must be rigorous (KPI and results oriented), autonomous, organized and know how to communicate with efficiency. You must be able to shoulder a demanding workload and get things done.
A person fluent in both Spanish and English verbally and in writing is a must, this is important as you will be part of the Spanish Management Team and you will work closely with Group Executive Management, the Group Quality & Compliance Manager, and QHSE colleagues at other RewAir production sites.
The position as QHSE Senior Manager is based in Ciudad Real, at the Daimiel RewAir’s plant. You must be willing to travel approximately 30 days a year.
If you are looking for a growth challenge within the fascinating Wind Power industry, this is the opportunity for you.