Logistics and VAS Manager
Consultant Pilar Calero
Date posted 3 de noviembre de 2016
A rarely available Logistics and Vas Manager role has just become available at one of the most respected global chemical firms based in Madrid. Reporting directly to the Regional Supply Chain Manager, this role offers outstanding career progression for a marketer who is a leader in their field.
About the Logistics and VAS Manager role:
In this business critical Logistics and VAS Manager position you will be responsible for ensuring VAS materials and services are delivered within the agreed cost, design and time parameters defined by the management unit. Responsible for managing all warehouse, logistics and transport (inbound and outbound) operations within Northern Europe ensuring timely, cost effective and service optimized material flow of goods within the Management Unit, in line with the Northern Europe and EU/NA Regional Supply Chain strategic objectives.
- Leading the development of the annual plan for warehouse logistics and transport including resources, inbound and outbound transportation, site services, system requirements and capital expenditure.
- Monitoring performance against the agreed plan and takes measures to minimise cost and maximise service
- Ensuring efficient management of daily resource planning to meet customer requirements
- Managing all auditing sites visits appertaining to stock and facilities activities.
- Responsible for defining and agreeing with the supply chain director the VAS process and documentation, ensuring efficiency, clear roles and responsibilities and development of KPI'S
- Leading, encouraging and motivates personnel in sphere of responsibility
We require an engineer or bachelor's degree with at least 5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably consumer sector. Proven ability to utilize continuous improvement to drive tangible results, excellent communication and instruction skills, familiarity with various manufacturing processes. Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management. Spanish and English languages is required.
This international chemical firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they’ve won many awards. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Logistic and VAS Manager Job.