Product Engineer (with German)
Location Comunidad Valenciana
Consultant Gonzalo Trigo
Date posted 2 de septiembre de 2016
A rarely available Product Development Engineer (with german) role has just become available at one of the most respected automotive firms based in Valencia. Reporting directly to the Department Director, this role offers outstanding career progression for a marketer who is a leader in its field.
This position is responsible for designing, developing and driving the feasibility of our plastic parts portfolio, providing the required technical direction and focus to support the award of new programs and product applications.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Development and validation of designs that meet the structural integrity required for the product.
- Design of innovative attachment methods that can be used as a competitive advantage.
- Election of alternative raw materials for performance improvement and cost reduction.
- Providing expertise in plastic parts. This includes understanding the test procedure, where to conduct testing, and how to design product to meet the requirements.
- Managing and assisting assigned design personnel with day to day responsibilities on program activity.
- Support of R&D or Strategic Plan activity as required.
- Draft and maintenance of applicable engineering request documents specific to assigned projects, including DFMEA, DVP&R and GD&T requirements.
- Conduction of brainstorming events and developing initial design concepts for new program activity.
- Review of customer and internal design.
- Support commercial teams in developing customer relationships.
- Analysis of Statement of work / requirements to ensure that designs meet customer expectations.
- Initiation of test requests as necessary.
- Ability to express thoughts clearly and present technical details of our design concepts and technologies.
- Identification of any critical characteristics during the initial design phase that may be required for the part design.
- Work with component suppliers or tier ones as required.
- Support day to day problem solving as required.
With BS in Engineering or other technical degree preferred, you must demonstrate 2-5 years or more experience in a similar role. You must be experience with budgeting, cost estimating, CAD and Catia. You must have ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, clients and the general public. High level of English and medium-high level of German are required.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Product Development Engineer Job.