Supply Chain & Demand Planner Coordinator
Consultant Pilar Calero
Date posted 2 de febrero de 2018Paseo de la Castellana 13, 4ª planta 28046, Madrid Robert Walters Spain
A rarely available Supply Chain & Demand Planner Coordinator role has just become available at one of the most respected pharmaceutical firms based in Madrid. Reporting directly to the Supply Chain Manager this role offers outstanding career progression for a marketer who is a leader in its field.
About the role:
As a Supply Chain & Demand Planner Coordinator you will be responsible for Conducting and coordinating forecasting activities and related activities (vendor management inventory for affiliates) creating and maintaining forecast models with north Europe countries, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from affiliates/sales, marketing, finance, production planning and 3rd party producers.
Plan, direct, and monitor supply and logistics activities to ensure a cost-effective flow of merchandise from suppliers to customers. Manage day-to-day supply and logistics activities to maximize the efficiency, reliability, timeliness, and cost effectiveness of the organization's supply chain.
- Considering the needs of product delivery to the customer and the production limitations of the Plant, negotiate the best agreement that satisfies both parties.
- Monitor on a weekly and quarterly basis the overall objectives of each area (Releases, Supply Chain, Design, Technical Services and Planning) to ensure that they follow the common strategy of the department.
- Direct and organize those responsible for Technical Services, Planning Releases and industrial processes releases to ensure that the product is delivered to the customer at the agreed time.
- Manage relationships with suppliers, vendors, or sub-contractors to minimize costs and ensure satisfactory standards of service.
- Organize the available resources of the department facing a critical issue (providing information, lack of personnel in an area, change of responsibilities, etc.) to ensure that all tasks are performed and resources are optimized.
- Allocate resources to meet targets in areas such as transit and delivery times; inventory levels; purchasing, warehousing and storage costs; and service standards.
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products and product phase-outs.
With Bachelor Degree in Engineering or similar. APICS or other forecasting Certification preferred, MBA or a Master in Supply Chain is a plus. You must demonstrate at least 5 years of experience on a similar role in an international environment within the pharmaceutical sector. Experience as Manager of Supply Chain / Logistics in marketers to third parties, with large volumes of managements. High knowledge and management of SAP. Knowledge of Improvement/Lean Processes is essential
Good communication skills, proactivity, good working under pressure, problem-solving, good organizational skills and persistent. Very High level of English is required. Willing to travel occasionally.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Job.