Logistics Team Leader
Consultant Pilar Calero
Date posted 13 de septiembre de 2018 2018-09-132018-10-29 fmcg Paseo de la Castellana 13, 4ª planta 28046, Madrid Robert Walters Spain
A rarely available Logistics Team leader role has just become available at one of the most respected global FMCG firms based in Madrid. Reporting directly to the Supply Chain Manager, this role offers outstanding career progression for a marketer who is a leader in their field.
About the Logistics Team Leader role:
The Transport and Warehousing Leader manages the logistic organization for the site, reporting directly to the Plant Supply Chain Manager. This leader manages the external and internal physical distribution operations, being accountable for leading and developing results in customer about service, inventory accuracy and cost optimization through the implementation of robust work processes and continuous improvement cycle.
- Warehouse team development
- Championing logistics safety operational standards with very high quality, getting a customer service level excellence
- Ensuring timely on-shelf availability for wholesale channels and service centres to increase sales and customer satisfaction
- Owning Warehousing and Transportation Capacity vs demand validation guaranteeing supply sufficiency in the short and long term
- Driving effective carrier and supplier relationship management to guarantee on-time
- Guaranteeing inventory integrity and financial accuracy by conducting physical counts
- Tracking, analysing and eliminating residual and obsolete stock
- Forecasting budget and achieving financial objectives, analysing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Introducing new and innovative ways of optimizing E2E cost and leading productivity program
We require University degree required, ideally in a technical or analytical discipline. Relevant Transport & Warehousing experience (+6 years), preferably leading and developing Transport & Warehousing organizations in a FMCG environment. Lean and continuous improvement hands on experience is important, and strong team leadership experience. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and fluent speaking and writing in both Spanish and English is required.
This international FMCG firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they’ve won many awards. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Logistics Team Leader Job.