Logistics Managing Director
Consultant Andres Jimenez
Date posted 10 de enero de 2019 2019-01-102019-03-11 transport-and-rail Madrid ES EUR 70000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.es https://www.robertwalters.es/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Multinational Logistic firm is currently looking for Managing Director who will lead all the business across Spain.
Reporting directly to the European COO, successfully manage and provide leadership in all areas of responsibility within the country including E2E performance, overall country performance, strategic initiatives, and day to day management of the country organization;
your main responsibilities will be:
- Manage the country organization through planning, organizing, staffing, directing, reporting and budgeting.
- Provide leadership and create an effective working environment to the entire country management team which may include Branch, Operations, Commercial, Product or Functional Managers. Ensure the management teams are aligned with and support the vision and develop the culture of the company.
- Provide expert advice and sound decisions across all facets of country operations to resolve complex policy and problem-solving matters.
- Achieve or exceed country performance goals in key metrics of E2E performance, Import/Export LCL volumes, non-core revenue, operating expenses, country revenue, ocean cost per cbm, core product gross margin, operating costs per cbm, market share, operating cost per transaction, AAA mix of volumes, personal KPI, and other initiatives as designated.
- Drive successful implementation of corporate strategic initiatives including the procurement strategy and adherence to the approved carriers as required.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers and vendors; negotiate contracts and ensure compliance with corporate policy.
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree with 8-10 years of previous experience with demonstrable success in the functions described. Desirable Postgraduate education.
- Mandatory relevant experience in Logistics, Functional Sales and Operations Management.
- Very high level of English and ability to travel internationally.
- Proactive, good communications and leadership skills, ability to motivate the team, hard worker and a problem-solving person. Very strong orientation to quality and client satisfaction.
- Solid and long-term project in a leading company with an attractive salary package.