Consultant Pilar Calero
Date posted 4 de mayo de 2018Paseo de la Castellana 13, 4ª planta 28046, Madrid Robert Walters Spain
A rarely available Engineering Manager role has just become available at one of the most respected global chemical firms based in Madrid. Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, this role offers outstanding career progression for a marketer who is a leader in their field.
About the Engineering Manager role:
In this business critical Engineering Manager position you will be responsible for ensuring availability and safety of all technical equipment, buildings and infrastructure. Implement Safety, Health and Environmental norms and regulation and run the utilities for the factory.
Define goals, and budget for your department in line with the PC strategy.
- Perform risk assessments, define and follow-up on measures to ensure safety and health for employees and environmental protection in line with legal and corporate rules and regulations.
- Guide, motivate, train and develop the subordinated staff.
- Monitor all processes as well as the structure of the unit and identify areas for improvement. Initiate measures for improvement of the organization and processes in consultation with the PC Director.
Develop concepts to install new or to adopt existing technical equipment for innovation projects in cooperation with corporate Technical Development. Implement concepts in defined timings and cost.
- Responsible for the safety, availability and improvement of production equipment in line with safety quality and efficiency targets.
- Carry out maintenance programs and ensure technical knowledge within the plant through technical trainings to employees.
- Responsible for a reliable and cost optimized facility management and supply of energies and required facility conditions to the operation units.
- Responsible for optimization of asset values (PPE) through a close steering of investments and best utilization of existing equipment.
We require an engineer with at least 8 years of experience in a similar role. Experience in major change processes and relevant supply chain experience in international Companies. Hands-on experience implementing Lean manufacturing concepts. Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management. Spanish and English languages is required.
This international chemical firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they’ve won many awards. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Engineering Manager Job.