Project Manager (Automotive)
Consultant Gonzalo Trigo
Date posted 25 de abril de 2018Paseo de la Castellana 13, 4ª planta 28046, Madrid Robert Walters Spain
Excellent opportunity as a Project Manager based in Andalucia.
About the role:
You mission is to ensure Project Performance objectives (Quality, Cost, Profitability, Delivery and Timing) in the management of projects. Ensure Project or System coordination to achieve all projects launch(es) in compliance with Valeo and Customer expectations.
Manage operationally and functionally the Projects he/she is assigned to:
- Manage OEM/OES Projects (Component, System with known technology components, …)
- Is responsible for the achievement of the Project KPI in terms of profitability (both product/development vs Development Activity Payback and Extended Margin), Quality and Production Preparation
- Secure Project resources and control them
- Drive the Associated P2 Actors in case of P2 not completed in P1
- Solve all project issues requiring any type of support of all suitable functions via the Project Escalation
- Check and validate Project Team Members’ activities and proposes timing scenario to achieve milestones
- Could conduct concept competitions to obtain customer orders (prefer: on case by case...)
- Define and manage his/her budget including the budget of Projects part of his/her Project/System
- Define scope of projects
- Prepare decision making process for relevant committee and challenge his project team readiness
- Prepare and submit CAA and IAR (Project/System level) and challenge the P1 Project Managers or Launch
Manage communication with Customers on Project development progress:
- Keep client(s) updated on Project progress.
- Prepare/validate reports on Project development progress to PMC and to all Governance stages when required
- Manage customer relationship (local and central) and coordinate communication within his team but also with P2/P1 projects associated
- Ensure management of Escalation if any
Promote the company Values, Culture and Standards (Product, Methodology, Tools) within the System/ Project teams and control their application:
- Respect the company Code of ethics
- Respect health, safety and environment charts and requirements
- Ensure Project (System or not) development in compliance with the company standards
- Engineering/Master degree.
- Personal skills to manage functional organization
- Financial skills about Product cost structure, pay back, …
- Product Development process knowledge and practice (5/7 years)
- Get successful development experience in P0/P1 Project development function (2/3 years)
- Experience in other development functions (Quality, Process, Sales, Purchasing), two at least.
- Fluent in English.