Machining Technology Unit Manager
Consultant Elena Hernando
Date posted 2 de septiembre de 20192019-09-05 2019-11-01 automotive Barcelona Barcelona ES EUR 80000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.es https://www.robertwalters.es/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Great job opportunity as a Corporate head of Machining Technology Unit in a multinational company leader in the manufacturing of cast and machined components within the automotive sector.
About the role:
As a Machining Technology Unit Manager, you will be the responsible of leading and supervising all the mechanized product process activities with the ultimate goal of ensuring the most efficient machining policies and achieve higher added value within the products.
Your main responsibilities as a Machining Technology Unit Manager will be:
- Leading the vision / technological trends in machining (machines, tools, lay-outs, etc.)
- Manage the required investments related to the machining centers
- Lead the activities related to the lay-out design of process and tools, as well as the selection of the machining machines
- Actively participate with the different engineering centers and production plants in order to coordinate the new required industrialization as well as participate in the activities of advanced engineering during pre-RFQ phase
- Manage specialized training on machining the equipment in the different engineering centers and production plants
- Work in close contact with the area of Production, Commercial, Quality, Purchasing and Laboratory Engineering to provide the best response to the needs of customers, suppliers, the development of tests and analysis and the manufacture of parts
- Lead the mainstreaming of good practices and standardization of criteria in products that incorporate machining
- Support the Global Engineering and R & D Leader in the preparation of the budget
- Ensure the motivation and growth of employees and staff under their responsibility
The requirements for the position are:
BS Degree in Engineering. Proven work experience in similar positions of minimum 10-15 years within the automotive sector. Deep knowledge and experience of: Casting processes, techniques of chip startup, lathes, CNC, Machining, foundry processes, implantation of machining centers. International experience within multinational and multicultural environment. Fluent in English, German is valuable as well
If you have experience in similar positions, this is a unique opportunity to be part of a new project within a leading multinational company in Barcelona as Machining Technology Unit Manager, Sign up!