Interim In House Legal Counsel (12 months)
Consultant Claudia Perez
Date posted 8 de agosto de 2018 2018-08-082018-08-31 real-estate-and-property Paseo de la Castellana 13, 4ª planta 28046, Madrid Robert Walters Spain
Opportunity as an Interim In House Legal Counsel (9 months) based in Madrid.
About the role:
Reporting to the Legal Director Iberia you would play an integral role in the department; responsible for negotiating and drafting complex leases, lease amendments and related documents as well as to take the coordination of all external litigation of the Company in Spain. Additionally you would be responsible to assure the coordination of all corporate and official book keeping of the Group companies.
This person will have proven his/her track record as attorney working with real estate, especially with expertise in leasing and the ability to successfully work independently, yet also thrive in a team-oriented environment.
In this role, our Real Estate Attorney must be a clear communicator (both verbal and written), have excellent organizational skills, and demonstrate a willingness to learn and adapt, with the highest standards of professionalism, collaborative manner and work ethic.
- Prepare and negotiate complex leases and ancillary lease documents, as well as lease amendments and other agreements.
- Give daily support to all legal affairs of our Shopping Centers in Spain
- Coordinate external counsels
- Assist all business areas within the Company
- Assist Shopping Center Managers, Mall Manager Iberian Director and Operations Director related our leases and related issues.
- Participate in any possible acquisition or disposal process.
- At least 5 years of real estate leasing experience. (In-house experience is preferred, but not required. Focus on shopping center work, retail leasing would be a plus.)
- Bachelor’s Degree is required (a master in commercial law or management would be a plus)
- Must be admitted to the Spanish Lawyers Bar Association.
- Having a fluent command of both oral and written English, an excellent academic record and be used to dealing with international clients.
- Comprehensive skill and significant experience in negotiating leases, with ability to prepare, understand and interpret complex leases, contracts and other key agreements and apply them correctly to situations.
- Experience counseling clients or internal business teams on leasing, lease disputes and solutions, and other issues.
- Strong skills in MS Word and Outlook.
- Self-starter with ability to take ownership of projects with little guidance, identify problems and develop creative solutions with limited supervision.
- Excellent negotiation, drafting, interpersonal and communication skills with ability to effectively interact with management and personnel at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under time pressures and deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work well in a high energy environment while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Ability to exercise appropriate judgment to resolve issues and/or escalate issues to a higher level for resolution, but typically handles smaller legal matters from beginning to end.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
Send us your CV today!