Senior Data Scientist (ML)
Consultant Luís Cespedes
Date posted 31 de agosto de 2018 2018-08-312018-10-30 it Paseo de la Castellana 13, 4ª planta 28046, Madrid Robert Walters Spain
As Senior Data Scientist, the professional, within the R&D team, will be in charge of the development of Data Science and ML algorithms for the automation of industrial measures analysis for predictive maintenance.
Reporting to the R&D manager, from this role the professional Will work within a team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers adding value along the development cycle of software embedded ML algorithms.
Main responsibilities for the role:
- Applies supervised and unsupervised learning techniques for solving pattern recognition problems (detection, classification, regression)
- Develops software and algorithms in Python to solve the posed problems
- Understands and interprets data to come up with optimal feature sets
- Prepares data for training machine learning algorithms
- Evaluates different approaches by experimental testing
- Deploys of the machine learning algorithms into a production environment
- Documents the work in a consistent and complete way
Counting with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or in a field of experimental science, and with 3 years of relevant work experience, the ideal candidate should also count with good knowledge and proven experience in supervised/unsupervised learning and algorithm development, experience in deploying Machine Learning algorithms into production, proficiency in Python and Spark (PySpark or Scala) and knowledge of Software Frameworks such as Python, scikit-learn, numpy, pandas, Spark, MLlib, TensorFlow and preferably with experience in software development best practices (working with code repositories, code testing, etc), and at least basic experience using Big Data Technologies and a first approach with Data Engineering most popular technologies (Spark, Kafka, etc).
In addition to the previously mentioned, it is a must for the candidate to count with a Fluent English language domain (written and Spoken) and also counting with teamplayer skills.
If you feel suitable and motivated to address such a challenging opportunity, please do not hesitate to apply for the job, we are waiting for you!