Game Multiplayer Network Engineer
Consultant Alvaro Rodriguez
Date posted 20 de julio de 2018 2018-07-202018-09-17 it Paseo de la Castellana 13, 4ª planta 28046, Madrid Robert Walters Spain
The ideal candidate has an intrinsic passion for achieving the best results, the drive to support their teammates in conquering the toughest challenges in the industry, and is well-versed in the purpose and design of Real-time Client-Server Multiplayer Game Systems.
- Expert understanding of current real-time multiplayer network technology, middleware, and architecture choices, including their advantages and drawbacks.
- Contribute with your expertise and assistance to help choose from the beginning the real-time multiplayer network technology that will be used in the project.
- Implement and take ownership of the real-time multiplayer features of the project from start to finish: architecture, design, prototyping, implementation, testing, debugging, documentation, profiling, maintenance, and support.
- Contribute and adhere to agreed development methodology, uphold best coding practices, perform code reviews, and pay consideration to long-term quality and future code-sharing. We are in this for the long haul.
- Be the point of contact regarding network aspects of the game and communicate regularly with the leadership team as well as with other team members.
- 3-4+ years of experience in a network specialist role at a reputable game studio.
- Strong C++ knowledge.
- Experience developing and shipping games for modern platforms and fullstack knowledge of online gameplay architecture.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that contribute to overall organisational performance and to a positive, creative work environment.
Nice have to have:
- Modern development practices: TDD, integration testing, automated testing.
- Experience working in Unreal Engine.
Apply now or directly contact me for more details. firstname.lastname@example.org //+34 682.384.089