Senior Multiplayer Network Engineer
Consultant Guillermo Busquets
Date posted 19 de febrero de 2019 2019-02-192019-04-20 it Barcelona Barcelona Barcelona ES 08007 EUR 38000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.es
Challenging job opportunity to work in a worldwide Gaming company in Barcelona.
About the position:
As Senior Multiplayer Network Engineer you will be responsible of supporting your teammates in conquering the toughest challenges in the industry,and to purpose and design in real-time client-server multiplayer game systems.
Being based in Barcelona, as senior Multplayer Engineer you are entitled to:
- Be an expert in understanding current real-time multiplayer network technology, middleware, and architecture choices, including their advantages and drawbacks.
- Contribute with your expertise and assistance in choosing from the start the real-time multiplayer network technology that will be used in the project.
- Implement and take ownership of the real-time multiplayer features of the project from the start to the end: architecture, design, prototyping, implementation, testing, debugging, documentation, profiling, maintenance, and support.
- Contribute and adhere to the agreed development methodology, uphold best coding practices, perform code reviews, and take into consideration long-term quality and future code-sharing. We are in this for the long haul .
- Be the contact regarding network aspects of the game and communicate regularly with the leadership team as well as with the other team members.
In order to be suitable for the role you should count with 5+ years of experience in a network specialist role at a reputable game studio, working in Unreal Engine and counting with strong C++ knowledge developing and shipping games for modern platforms and fullstack knowledge of online gameplay architecture. It will be appreciated development practices like TDD, integration testing and automated testing.
In addtion to the technical skills, the company expects strong interpersonal and communication skills that will contribute to overall organizational performance and to create a positive, creative work environment.
If you suit with the position, please apply and we'll contact you to explain further details