Gaming Data Engineer
Consultant Ruben Vidal
Date posted 23 de julio de 20192019-07-30 2019-09-21 it Barcelona Barcelona ES EUR 45000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.es https://www.robertwalters.es/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Excellent opportunity as a Gaming Data Engineer in Barcelona
About the position:
As a Data Engineer you will help build the architecture that drives our business.
You will design and implement scalable systems that can handle 50K events per second, that's 40TB of compressed data, processing 100s of batch processes and visualized by powerful homegrown front end tools.
You will work closely with awesome developers and data scientists to make Social Point's BI tools and architecture the best in the industry.
- 2+ years of experience designing and implementing Big Data solutions in TBs scale. Preferably using Spark and Big Data/Column store DBs (Redshift, Presto, Vertica …).
- 2+ years experience implementing large scale ETL architecture, supporting multiple data sources (internal and external) and multiple use cases (product analytics, marketing, statistical modeling, executive dashboards).
- 2+ years of programming or scripting experience (Scala, Python, PHP...)
- 2+ years experience implementing BI solutions.
- Know the difference between a Data Lake and a Data Warehouse, and when to use each.
- Strong dimensional modeling skills and know how to design the best data model for each type of use case (ad-hoc, dashboards, statistics ..)
- Excellent SQL skills, you can optimize a query for a specific database and understand the different capabilities of open source DBs and vendor DBs.
- Work fast and can pivot quickly, know how to work in a startup environment and balance quality code with fast results.
- Love to learn new technology and solve new challenges. Ideally you have experience implementing graph DBs (gremlin, neo4j)
- Be Professional, passionate about video games and analytics, problem solver, proactive, team worker, rigorous and data oriented.
- Smart, creative and pragmatic profile. Love researching the newest advances and finding practical ways to integrate them into your work.
- Work fast without forgetting quality, quickly understand existing code and learning new concepts easily.
- Understand Data Engineering is also about solving business problems, not just technical ones.
What's in it for you?
First of all, we can offer you a challenging and fun role within a cool team!
Sounds like what other companies also say they have? Hold on, here's what's more:
- You'll get the newest and most powerful devices and equipment to work with, along with a Spotify Premium account.
- "Mens sana in corpore sano" is the Latin for "a healthy mind in a healthy body". Our SocialPointers get a healthy Monday breakfast + delicious daily lunch menus! Want to stay in shape? We have a brand new gym, football and basketball teams along with a fantastic physiotherapist.
- "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" so we get fresh fruit at the office every day but of course you also get a private medical insurance, just in case.
- Monthly events are there to get you to know your colleagues, drop by our hairdresser's to get ready (and forget your wallet).
- People development is key for us: coupling an amazing training budget just for you and our internal mobility programs you get real growth opportunities!
- If you are new to sunny Barcelona you can also join our Newbies Club: we offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all your boring paperwork!
The list just goes on and on... so get your game on and apply now!