CTO (Data & Video savvy)
Consultant Alberto Munoz
Date posted 20 de abril de 2018Paseo de la Castellana 13, 4ª planta 28046, Madrid Robert Walters Spain
We are looking for a data-driven CTO for a top video StartUp based in Madrid.
About the company
This StartUp has been born with the mission to help companies maximize ROI and optimize their business decisions using Big Data and Artificial Intelligence technologies.
Cofounders are democratizing these technologies by making a cost-effective Data as a Service cloud platform available to all Video Service market players, a platform that will see your Video services jump to the next level and they are now seeking a global, visionary, digital expert to fill the role of Chief Technology Officer (CTO) within their organization.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience in Big Data and Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence / AI with a proven track record in building and inspiring high-performance teams and recruiting top industry talent. As the CTO, you will be responsible for leading, developing and growing the global engineering team, executing strategic initiatives and contributing to the achievement of corporate-level priorities while leading the development, integration and launch of complex technology solutions.
Based in Madrid (Spain) R&D office, the Chief Technology Officer plays an integral role in the development of new products and features as part of a cross-functional agile team. The successful candidate will use a variety of technologies and frameworks to build business logic.
As a Chief Technology Officer, there will be an expectation of discovering and implementing the latest technologies, best practices and standards. The candidate will need to be able to provide architectural guidance for all teams, and mentor engineers. You will work on projects involving the entire software development cycle, from interpreting and facilitating requirements to developing software to supporting production deployments.
Objectives and Responsibilities
The Chief Technology Officer will be responsible for executing on all stages of the product development lifecycle for our Data as a Service platform, including, but not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Utilize effective leadership practices to attract, develop, motivate and retain a global technology team comprised of top industry talent
- Works with line managers and staff to develop strong technology leaders and “ready now” successors improving bench strength internally
- Oversee all levels of the company product development organization and ensures all deployment goals are executed accurately, on time and within budget
- Design and implement solutions to improve platform performance, stability and user experience
- Strategically plan all initiatives with the Executive team to ensure business goals are properly aligned with the development of products
- 7 plus years of proven leadership experience directing technology team(s) of a commercial, technology-driven organization
- Possess demonstrated success as the CTO or a senior technology leader in an organization where technology is a key component to commercial success
- Experience and knowledge with contemporary advanced technology platforms and methods including cloud, big data, AI, and machine learning (Spark, Hadoop, Amazon Web Services, Tensor flow etc.)
- 10+ years of Software Engineering experience
- Experience with Systems integration, including design and development of APIs, Adapters, and Connectors
- Experience Big Data technologies including Hadoop and NoSQL
- Integration with Hadoop / HDFS, Real-Time Systems, Data Warehouses
- Experience in multi-threaded application development
- Ability to properly stress test software
- The ability to learn new technologies, software, and concepts quickly is essential
- Understanding of B2B SaaS would be a bonus
- Demonstrated self-starter approach, possessing a collaborative style, and someone
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial organization
If you are recognised to be empathic, team player and multitask, The CTO position is made for you. Don't wait and just apply now for this position based in Madrid.