Head of Data Engineering and Big Data Architect
Consultant Ruben Vidal
Date posted 23 de julio de 20192019-07-30 2019-09-21 it Barcelona Barcelona ES EUR 55000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.es https://www.robertwalters.es/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
As a Big Data Lead Engineer, you will design and implement innovative analytical solutions and work alongside the development team, evaluating new features and architectures. Reporting directly to the CTO, you will collaborate to extend our Big Data platform to provide a high-performance scalable infrastructure
- Extension and continuous improvement of the architecture and implementation of our Business Intelligence and Analytic platform.
- Lead, design and implement innovative analytical solutions using Hadoop, NoSQL, and other Big Data related technologies.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the product development.
- Learn, train and develop yourself. Learn continuously and adapt continuously.
What the company offers:
- A challenging project. The opportunity to design solutions and work with technologies that stand out and being part of something big.
- What can I do to make your work easier? We'll regularly ask you this question to encourage the feedback, ensure that you come happy to work, and increase the efficiency.
- Coaching and mentoring. We’ll commit to helping you learn and grow.
- A dynamic start-up environment with flat hierarchies, short decision-making processes in which everyone makes a difference and significantly contributes to our product and growth.
We're looking for someone with technical background as Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or related with more than 4 years of experience designing and implementing Big Data Systems. You must have a good sense of humour, teamwork skills, fluency in English, analytical and problem solving skills.
The tech stack recommended for the role is:
- Big Data Frameworks as Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Storm, Hive or similar.
- Strong engineering background in several programming languages as Java, Scala or Python.
- Experience with relational BBDD as PostgreAQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL server and NoSQL BBDD as MongoDB, CouchDB or Cassandra.
- Experience with ETLs, Reporting and BI tools are a plus.