Consultant Luís Cespedes
Date posted 29 de junio de 2018Paseo de la Castellana 13, 4ª planta 28046, Madrid Robert Walters Spain
Challenging opportunity for a Network Architect to join an International Group willing to transform the way new generation workplaces are managed.
Awesome opportunity for a Network Architect responsible to design communication infrastructures, call centres and connecting links for worldwide new generation Business centres.
Job opportunity, based in Barcelona, reporting to the Digital Centres Lead, you’ll be responsible for the overall network design for the company’s business centres, call centres and connecting links.
You will work as a key member of our IT Team being responsible for the design of communication infrastructures. Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop the design principles, specifications, standards and policies for the company’s infrastructure,
- Assess ongoing requirements for both business and customer data and voice networks,
- Analyse the performance of the global network and make recommendations for enhancements and cost savings,
- Select, test and evaluate the cost benefit of potential new network specifications,
- Assist in the design of new network related products for customers,
- Produce design collateral timeously, efficiently, of excellent quality,
- Present proposed solutions to stakeholders,
- Advise and consult with the technical presales team,
- Interact with the systems development and operational teams to test and implement new solutions,
- Maintain the network specification documentation and reference material for the company,
- Provide input into training collateral, and
- Develop personal knowledge and share insights with team members.
To be considered for this role you will need to have experience in as many of the areas below as possible:
- Deep practical knowledge of networking infrastructure and protocols:
- TCP/IP and Quality of Service
- WiFi and LAN switching (VLAN, spanning tree)
- Address management (DHCP, DNS etc)
- Routing (BGP)
- Network security (Firewalls, RADIUS, AAA architecture, VPN, IPSec)
- Application protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, FTP, SMTP etc)
- Network management (SNMP, Netflow, Solarwinds)
- Voice (VoIP)
- Cabling standards
- Proven ability to design integrated global networks,
- Enterprise network systems selection and implementation experience,
- Direct knowledge of Cisco network technologies and IOS.
In addition to the above-mentioned requirements, in order to be suitable for the position you should count with excellent English, communication and executive level presentation skills (Spanish is not required), count with proven ability to develop strong relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally, good negotiation, communication and presentation skills, be organised, creative and analytic mind-set, count with experience in working with and interfacing to global delivery teams, ability to adapt and learn quickly and ability to apply methodical troubleshooting, good commercial understanding and awareness With regards to education background you must count with BSc (Engineering, Computer Science or related), MSc or above preferred, and count professional level network certifications (such as Cisco) are preferred as counting with experience with ITIL process.
If you are used to work on big scale projects, involving heterogeneous network and communication technologies and ecosystems, this is your chance to be involved in a worldwide transformation challenge being part of multicultural team composed with the most relevant IT professionals.
Do not hesitate and apply for the job and we’ll contact you soon with further details.