API and Data Driven Expert
Consultant Luís Cespedes
Date posted 15 de junio de 2018Paseo de la Castellana 13, 4ª planta 28046, Madrid Robert Walters Spain
Challenging opportunity for an API and Data Driven expert to join an International Group willing to transform the way new generation workplaces are managed.
Awesome opportunity for those who considers itself a passionate professional about large scale enterprise environments, advanced APIs, data systems, mobile apps, multi-tenant billing, real-time inventory, continuous delivery, working with world class partners, transforming IT organisations using cutting-edge technologies.
Job opportunity, based in Barcelona, reporting to the IT Application Delivery Director, you’ll be responsible for API and Data Systems management across our Enterprise. You will support key business functions by exposing core system features (via a cloud-based API) to internal and customer facing applications along with supporting a commercially available interface for third party use.
Some of these systems are bespoke developed and traditionally hosted (and are scheduled for migration to the Cloud). Others are already Cloud-based applications.
You will work as a key member of our IT Team and define/implement strategies to ensure the quality of our API and Data Systems. Additional responsibilities include:
- Manage and maintain all API and Data systems documentation
- Lead the design and implementation of our API framework (including API updates and releases
- Lead the design and implementation of our Data Warehouse system/reporting
- Work with partners to deliver and support
- Set quality and process standards across API and Data Systems
- Maintain all documentation in SharePoint
- Support production issues management and escalations
- Be prepared for unplanned accelerated requirements
- Maintain deep system and business knowledge
- Ensure this knowledge can be replicated, transferred to FTEs and partners (in a structured induction programme)
- Lead, manage, train, onboard and induct API and Data System team members
- Manage overall culture and motivation of the team
- Part of our after-hours/on-call rotation for escalation
To be considered for this role - you will need to have experience in as many of the areas below as possible:
- Leading an API and Data Warehouse team or department
- Experience with Software development and architectures (Cloud and Hosted), Microsoft Cloud Technologies and Services
- API Subject matter expertise: maintenance and evolution of an API architecture, development of API features and functionality, experience documenting how specific API methods work, management of third party API integration and pipeline,
- Data-warehouse Subject matter expertise: management of a Datawarehouse, reporting and feeds, etc.)
- Proven drive to keep ahead and quickly learn new technologies
- Understanding of software development, security, system design, digital, web, Mobile, UX standards, solutions and specifications
- Excellent Team Leadership, motivation, coordination and issues Mgt skills
- Experience working with Executive and C-Level Mgt
In addition to the above mentioned requirements, in order to be suitable for the position you should count with excellent English, communication and presentation skills (Spanish is not required), count with the ability to simplify, refine and clearly articulate issues, being skilled on advanced problem-solving, being always open minded to learn and advance, count with a Quality-first approach and count with a strong educational background, BSc (Business, Engineering, Computer Science or related) required, MSc or above preferred. Finally, it will be ideal that you count with a minimum 10 years IT experience and count with a personality able to develop strong relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally
If you are used to deliver under pressure, you feel yourself a leader that team members can trust and count on and you enjoy working across multiple teams on a global basis, this is your chance to assume a worldwide transformation challenge being part of multicultural team composed with the most relevant IT professionals.
Do not hesitate and apply for the job and we’ll contact you soon with further details.