Software Security Engineer
Consultant Ruben Vidal
Date posted 28 de septiembre de 2018 2018-09-282018-11-26 advertising-and-pr Paseo de la Castellana 13, 4ª planta 28046, Madrid Robert Walters Spain
Challenging job opportunity to work as a Software Security Engineer in a international company based in Barcelona. You will be working in the Digital Security Team reporting to the Chief Security Officer, the position offers a great development and professional projection.
We're looking for someone that will work securing our web application environments at all levels. You will perform regular security audits, suggest (and maybe even implement yourself) improvements, maintain the inventory of digital assets, identify vulnerabilities, prepare security awareness trainnings, etc.
You will be part of a passionate team that will invite you to be part of our family. You will be encouraged to step out of your comfort zone and embrace new challenges, learning something new every day. We will make you feel like at home on our amazing office (5 mins walking from Pl. Catalunya!), with the best equipment and environment so you can perform your best. Almost all of our management has been internally promoted, it’s the perfect environment for you to refine your skills and start growing your professional career, for real. Oh, and we do Agile as it’s expected it to be: Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, deploys every day, all checked!
As Software Security Engineer you will:
- Proactively identify security flaws and vulnerabilities. Spend time thinking both like an attacker and defender
- Build security tools and systems to solve capability challenges
- Evaluate the impact to the organization of current security trends
- Temporarily join a development team to help them solve the most urgent security tasks
- Conduct sophisticated security reviews - from high level web application architecture to OS level parameters in order to meet security goals
- Recognize, adopt and instill good practices in security engineering fields throughout the organization: development, cryptography, network security, security operations, incident response, security intelligence, and more
- Exercise risk-based judgment, and to help teams to make the right security calls
As Software Security Engineer you must have 2 years of experience working with algorithms and processes for programmatic automation via scripting or programming languages (Python, Go, shell, etc.) and experience in strong demonstrated knowledge of web protocols and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture. You also have to be familiar with Git and OWASP and have networking basisc in TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, HTTPS, Routing protocols.
As Software Security Engineer is desirable to have knowledge in Relational Databases as MySQL or MariaDB and be familiar with Cryptography concepts such as hashing or public/private key. Also have worked in AWS environments or be familiar with GDPR and data protection laws is a plus. Finally, it's helpfull to have some notions of PHP because the products are developed in PHP.