Category Manager (Pet Care)
Consultant Marta Rojo
Date posted 29 de junio de 2018Paseo de la Castellana 13, 4ª planta 28046, Madrid Robert Walters Spain
Multinational Pet Care company is looking for a Category Manager to join their team in order to manage and optimize the product assortment for the Spanish market. This position is based in Madrid and offers great possibilities for professional development.
About the role:
Reporting to the Commercial Director, your functions will include:
- Conducting market, competition and range analyses.
- Developing a local range strategy to align with the global product strategy.
- Taking primary responsibility for the Spanish product assortment, elaborating the sales planning and the corresponding management of product sell-through.
- Managing the product lifecycle continuously in order to optimize the ranges in your area of responsibility.
- Implementing an attractive promotional presentation of products.
- Conducting price and profitability analyses.
- Having interlocution with suppliers.
- Planning, developing and executing marketing promotions and offers.
- Working closely with central Purchasing in the HQ, DE and Sales departments.
With a Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Digital Marketing or similar, the Category Manager should have at least 5 years of experience in a similar role within the FMCG industry (ideally, within the Pet industry). Internet affinity, product and Pet Care industry knowledge will be necessary to perform these functions successfully. Having experience in an E-Commerce or Mail-order environment will be a plus. The ideal candidate should have analytical and strategic thinking, be assertive and self-confident, have great communication and negotiations skills as well as the ability to understand customer needs and market requirements.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Spanish, is a must.
If you consider yourself to be a suitable candidate and you want to continue developing your professional career in a well-known growing company, don't hesitate and apply now!