HR Plant Manager (A Coruña)
Consultant Marta De Camps
Date posted 27 de abril de 2018Paseo de la Castellana 13, 4ª planta 28046, Madrid Robert Walters Spain
An HR Plant Manager position has just become available for one of our clients based in A Coruña (Galicia). Parteniring with the Division HR Vice President of one of the business units, and with dotted line reporting to the local Plant Manager for a international leading company of the manufacturing sector.
About the HR Plant Manager:
The local HR Plant Manager will help the company growing internationally, providing a full and professional HR business partner service to the A Coruña plant. She/he will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining HR programs and activities aligned with the division, the group and local requirements. The role is consistent with the division business strategy.
- Champion a "Safety First" culture within the division, supporting the EHS team as required, achieve zero accidents through positive EHS processes and culture
- Provide full HR business partner service to La Coruna location, ensuring that all Filtration Group HR requirements are implemented
- Provide line managers with information and guidance on HR policies and procedures such as attendance, performance review, disciplinary and grievance issues, etc.
- Act as a site coach for employees and management, empower high performing teams to drive accountability and ownership to maximize performance
- Implement HR policies both fairly and consistently to develop and maintain good employee relations
- Pair with the location management team to manage sourcing, selection and induction processes for all permanent, temporary and agency employees. Ensure full, accurate job descriptions and specifications are available for all roles
- Coordinate all employee training and development activities for the location ensuring training plans are in place for all employees; monitor and evaluate training in conjunction with Division HR VPManage performance management program, working with local management team to ensure timely and effective completion of performance reviews and development plan
- Manage succession planning and talent management process for La Coruna, coordinating with Division HR VP
- Champion the empowerment and engagement of team members via high performance teams, employee surveys, focus groups, etc.
- Support continuous improvement, develop teams to improve department processes and procedures and support project teams as required. Involvement in division/group projects as required
- Ensure HR systems and payroll processes are administered in a timely and efficient manner, including HRIS database updates and HR reporting, etc.
- Provide reports and analysis of data as required
- Ensure compliance with and implementation of local and national statutory and legislative changes.
With a very high English level and strong background in general HR skills, you will provide an expertise in HR management as an impact player - minimum 8 years in the manufacturing sector are required who can grow alongside and drive as results.
Strong knowledge of Spanish employment law and its applications, EHS, and Lean tools and techniques are required, as a high level of PC literacy including previous experience using HRIS, payroll, T&A systems and MS Office.
Knowledge of employment practices in Italy and/or the Netherlands is valuable.
If you have strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with and develop collaborative and effective relationships with employees at any and all levels, ability to build confidence, leadership and management, this is the role for you!