Medical Science Liason, Biosimilars (Eastern Spain)
Consultant Rodrigo Palomares
Date posted 8 de agosto de 2018 2018-08-082018-10-01 pharmaceuticals Paseo de la Castellana 13, 4ª planta 28046, Madrid Robert Walters Spain
Biotech company is looking to incorporate MSL for the Biosimilars Division. The Medical Science Liaison (MSL), Biosimilars is a member of a field-based team who function as an extension of the Medical Affairs organization. They are integral to building valued constructive partnerships with key stakeholders in the medical community and the healthcare system.
About the position:
- The MSL brings value to the company in terms of forming professional medical relationships and collaborations with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and Scientific Societies through a highly scientific and credible approach with the ultimate aim on improving patient care and outcome.
- MSLs establish the company’s medical presence, with KOLs, payers and organizations through scientific exchange and research collaboration.
- The MSL contributes to build trust on Biosimilar solutions.
- The MSLs utilize their medical/scientific expertise to gather medical insights and to support research/data generation initiatives.
- The MSL provides support and collaboration in planning and organizing several medical activities such as medical congresses, medical meetings, symposia and advisory boards.
- The MSLs are also involved in the PRC review of medical and promotional materials and in the evaluation and approval submission of research projects proposed by KOLs, HCPs and HCOs related with the therapeutic fields of interest.
- Provide accurate and non-promotional scientific information relating to licensed and unlicensed products and indications following unsolicited requests from HCPs
- Answer medical/technical enquiries from HCPs by the retrieval, evaluation and presentation of high quality information using in-house and external sources, in a timely manner
- Provide relevant education to HCPs in line with Hub and Spoke medical plans
- Develop long term/robust peer-to-peer relationships and advocacy with KOLs, for the purpose of ethical and high-level exchange of scientific information.
- Assessing the clinical and environment and patient treatment pathways
- Identify potential investigators for research, speakers and consultants
- Provide internal support through education and training of colleagues as required
- Liaise closely with Medical Information Team, Pharmacovigilance, and rest of colleagues at HUB level when required.
- 3 years’ experience as MSL / Medical Affairs
- Scientific experience
- Technical knowledge in rheumatology/ dermatology / gastroenterology
- Proven experience in working with and within local regulations and code of practice
- Experience working with IITs
- Understanding of health economics
Education: BSc; Advanced terminal degree preferred (MD, PhD, PharmD, DNP in medical specialty) or equivalent combination of experience and education.